Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Welcome Back to School!!

I hope everyone has had a restful and refreshing summer.  What  beautiful weather we have had to get out and enjoy our wonderful state.  A highlight of my summer was staying at a light house keeper's cottage in Prospect Harbor(near Acadia National Park) with my husband and my daughter's family.
Our fifth grade class of eight consists of three girls and five boys. Students will have either me or Ms.Ayers as their language arts teacher, Mrs. Farnsworth as their science teacher, and myself for all other content subjects. The first three days of school grades 3-6  will be spending the afternoon participating  in team building activities. On Friday we will all meet to write a common Full Value Contract. I will send home a copy of it  next week.
Fridays students will bring home a Friday Folder with corrected work from the week as well as their weekly newsletter. Please take out their papers, review them, and sign and return the empty folders on Monday.
In place of a weekly newsletter I will write a weekly blog that you can read by going to our school's home page. If you do not have access to the internet please let me know and I will send home a paper copy of that week's blog.
Homework for the first week of school is to read, sign and return the Homework Contract and any other paperwork sent home.
We are going to have a great year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment